Spouse Visa or Partner Visa
A Spouse Visa or Partner Visa gives the eligibility for a spouse to enter and stay in a foreign country, if his or her partner is a resident or citizen of that country or holds an authorized work permit. It comes under the Family Class visa. Spouse is allowed to work in the country under some circumstances. This type of visa is granted only after valid documentation has been provided like
- Proofs of relationship,
- Duration proofs of relationship,
- Background check proofs,
- Spouse’s immigration proofs,
- Interdependence documents,
- Sponsorship documents,
- Funds, and more
Sponsorship Documents: ID, Visa and more such official documents of the current resident sponsoring the partner in the foreign country are required. Different countries propose a list of all valid documents required for sponsorship.
For New Zealand:
A sponsor has to be one of the following:
- an individual New Zealand citizen
- a New Zealand residence class visa holder – visa should not have section 49 conditions
- a New Zealand registered organisation as a company, incorporated society or charitable trust
- a government agency, includes entities like tertiary institutions, agents and school boards of trustees.
An acceptable individual sponsor must meet all of the following criteria:
- living in New Zealand for the period of the sponsorship (unless an exception applies)
- not be sponsoring for a financial reward or fee
- no conviction of an offence under immigration law
- no outstanding debt to the Crown or third parties from another sponsorship arrangement
- no previously breached sponsorship obligations
- no insolvency procedures or bankruptcy
- not be liable for deportation
- not serving a custodial sentence, eg prison, waiting to be sentenced after being convicted of a crime that carries a custodial sentence.
More criteria may be applicable.
In certain countries marriage proofs are required for a Spouse Visa while others may allow for a Live In partner to travel on a partner visa. The spouse or partner of the visa applicant should sponsor him/her with valid sponsorship documents.